Friday, July 27, 2012

Paris, France




Paris, what a beautiful, quaint city.  Surrounded by aesthetically exquisite architecture, museums, and natural surroundings.   Of course when coming to Paris the first thing that pops in your head is, "I have to see the Eiffel Tower", because it is one of the most beautiful and recognized landmarks in the world.   But there are other amazing architectural landmarks to see in Paris like the Cathedral of Notre Dame, this structure is a breathtaking example of medieval architecture, and I had the opportunity two see both and would not have missed it for the world.

Paris is also home to one of the most famous museums in the world, The Louvre.   This is a picture of me standing in front of the The Louvre entrance way, the world's largest museum.  This museum was incredible, it is housed with a huge selection of art and artifacts from all over the world and from every era. The most famous work of art to see is Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, I was really in awe when I was standing before this most notorious painting.  On the first Sunday of each month you can get into the Louve for free, and remember it is closed on Tuesdays, so you can plan your activities accordingly.

For beautiful natural surroundings, Paris is hard to beat. The River Seine runs through the middle of the city.  The entire city was absolutely magical and I was really impressed.  Paris is spectacular at night also because the city is lit up from every angle, including the Eiffel Tower.  You can find many parks in the city, to just relax or have a picnic. 

One last thought, now all the talk that the French are rude, I did not find this at all.  I found them very nice and accommodating, and actually went out of their way to speak in English, as they only prefer to speak French.  As long as you are very polite, they will be polite back, and that is exactly what I found out.   When you are in Paris and walk in some coffee shop, just don't order your coffee and croissant, have some small talk, ask them how they are doing, etc., then order your breakfast.  Give respect and get respect, till next time, Au Revoir !


5 comments:

  1. very nice post. Keep writing.

    see my blog too- www.itravelilive.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful blog and well written. I definitely think that this will help me a lot. I appreciate all your work. Thank you.
    Consumer Market Research

    ReplyDelete