Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



Kuala Lumpur was not one of my favorite destinations to visit, but I managed to enjoy my time here and was glad I visited Malaysia.  I figure I had to come to see Kuala Lumpur being I was in Singapore and just transit through.

I spent two nights in Kuala Lumpur.  This city is not quite as friendly, safe, or easy to get around in like Singapore or Bali, but it is good to see.  I really enjoyed the Malaysian food and they have lots of nice restaurants in Kuala Lumpur.  Shopping is also very good in Kuala Lumpur if you are a shopaholic.  I love to eat and try different foods and shop around so this alone made my trip enjoyable.

My favorite highlights of coming to Kuala Lumpur was China Town and Batu Caves. Batu Caves is a limestone hill with a series of caves with built-in temples in the Gombak District, north of Kuala Lumpur.  This is one of the most famous Hindu shrines outside of India and is the site for the famous Thaipusam Hindu Festival in Malaysia.

I really liked Kuala Lumpur’s China Town on Petaling Street, it is one of the best China Towns I have been to so far.  So don’t miss the China Town here.  Get all things cheap here; t-shirts, perfumes, clothes, shoes and a million other things, including all your favorite knock-off brands.  I also really enjoyed my visit to Batu Caves, this is a must when you come to Kuala Lumpur.  Alleged to have the world's tallest Murugan statue.  It is a long hike up many, many steps to the top of the cave, and you will need to take breaks along the way.  But don’t worry, there are monkeys galore everywhere to entertain you during your ascend up.  But once you get to the top and in the cave, it is a so peaceful and quiet, so no monkeying around inside the cave.

Some other main things to do and see are the Petronas Twin Towers and the K.L. Tower, which is the tallest tower in Asia and the 4th largest in the world which has a revolving restaurant.  Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, it is suppose to be the world's largest aviary.  I did not see it but I hear it is a must to visit.  Don’t forget to checkout Berjaya Times Square, this place is shopper’s paradise.  My hotel was right around the corner from here, and this is a nice area to stay in.   They have it all, from every kind of store you could imagine, massage areas, bars and nightclubs, the real K.L.  Berjaya Times Square has it all for the young and old, the young for sure, or the young at heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment